Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How To Tap Mobile Calls

The message of the new Bishop of Caltagirone.

MESSAGE FOR THE DIOCESE OF CALTAG1RONE
Bishop of the New Archbishop Calogero Peri OFM Capp

holy people of his beloved Church of Caltagirone,
dear brothers and sisters, may the Lord give you Peace!

Since His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI appointed me as your bishop, not even know you had become dear to me. All
, and all at once! All together, each one in particular!
do not know what happened to me. In the tangle of emotions and mixed feelings, in that succession of moods so compelling and disturbing, the name, history, the face of each of you, until yesterday for me anonymous, came forward and above all I entered into. I can not explain, but I want to tell you how much I have become precious family, and even more friends. From this was born the desire and urgency of addressing you with these first words of greeting, presentation, and hope, but also asking for help and prayers, for what is upsetting my life.
Accept it as if personally addressed to each of you, and how if I could respond to what each of you want. They want to be words of affection, esteem for the holy people of God of Glorious diocese of Caltagirone, which today, the Lord sends me. A Bishop Vincenzo Manzella my beloved predecessor, Bishop for many years and now director of our diocese. To him I express my gratitude and even now, mine and your gratitude for what has been spent, with dedication, in his ministry. At the Episcopal Vicar, the presbytery all elected crown of our Church. Deacons, seminarians, consecrated men and women, the brotherhoods, associations, aggregations, ecclesial movements, and to all groups. To the civil and military of all levels. To those who, for various reasons and so, they express the beauty of the Church of composite Caltagirone. What a beautiful Church, our Church, for its long tradition of art and culture, thought and thinkers, men of great and decisive! For its glorious past, its present full of fervor, for its future full of hope.
But inside this church, and beyond, we must never forget that there are living people, which lies in the love of God, he lives in Jesus Christ and the Spirit works powerfully. Help me to bring this to my greetings also to those who say they believe in God and not the church, to what we refer to as far away who are not practicing and not attending our churches. To those who think, sometimes even our fault, you can do without God in their lives. If a particular thought, an anxiety, we must cultivate within us is right for them, for the poor, the suffering, the marginalized, immigrants, the indifferent, the prisoners in body and spirit, For those who have no voice and often not even face. Who have no one to rely on, and that they should nevertheless be always beside them a believer in Christ, the Good Samaritan duty.
How unfathomable mystery of our existence, fragile and uplifting. Especially when it, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, believes, hopes and loves. What
mystery of God, that mysterious the action of the Holy Spirit, God's anointing on the living body of Christ that we, his Church! In this moment, so decisive for me and for you, so important to what I expect, and what you expect from me, I would count on each of you. Although it continues to ask for what has happened to me: "How?", And although the fighting persists in opposing and extreme feelings, I say to God and to you my "Yes". And for all that you do not know, and I can not even imagine, with awe and gratitude, my utter confidence "Here I am." I ask you to be close to me and wait together in prayer, the Spirit's gift for my ordination. God willing, will be among you in our Church Cathedral. But if they are inappropriate in advancing one more request, I ask the charity of a small advance of trust and affection. I know it's my turn to give you an estimate first, love, friendship, but as I told you, all you have fully and unconditionally.
There is a requirement of God that takes me the beginning of my priesthood is a Word of my Lord that has illuminated my feet and guided my choices, and today, with more urgency, shocking me back in the minds and hearts. Isaiah felt like a day of shouting it to Jerusalem, with the same power to give it the feel of our diocese, to give it to you: "Sali on a high mountain and shouting that you bear good tidings to Zion, you who bear good tidings to Jerusalem "(Is 40.9). I come in the knowledge that the Lord does not ask me more, but to shout the Gospel, this yes. Surely he sends me to announce, immediately and without getting tired, liberation, hope, mercy and love that drove him over to give himself up to cross and give his body for us. 's charity God, unlike any other sign and sign, placed above all for me and for you, be the hallmark of our Church . To get started immediately and without hesitation, from the Lord we are all one imperative: "Love one another as I have loved you " (Jn 15:12). And just to give you an example, as far as I know and I can, I give to charity and the love that Christ the Good Shepherd has put me in for you. To do what God does, by loving and tender do we esteem each other, to love and esteem all, and the only condition to be his disciples and to be credible. beginning of this service, for which I not only feel unworthy, but also ill-prepared for you and with you I want to cling to Christ. He is the great shepherd of his flock, at all times and in all places. It is he who takes us all. He now leads me to you, because I will bring you to him or why I chose you, not you who chose me, but He has chosen you for me and chose me for you. This, despite the storm of em otion , it gives me such peace. To him, the Lord and Shepherd of our souls together, we renew our confi cia, our faith and loyalty. And we'll be sure not to be disappointed.

I commend also to the saints of our Church to intercede for me and for you, and every good blessing from God watches over us the Holy Martyr Agrippina, a credible witness of faith, we may see the blessed Lucia, virgin consecrated to God , protect us St. James, apostle of the Lord and our glorious patron , accompany us in the exodus life of the venerable Father Innocent, indefatigable pilgrim of peace and goodness. To Mary, Mother of the Church and Queen of the Apostles, I invoke the Pentecost the Holy Spirit on me and on you, to be ready for the mission to which the Lord calls us.

Now I let the words give way to prayer, to which I ask you to associate with me and for me
Lead thou great and eternal Shepherd of your church. Take me to the people that I trust. It supports my weakness. Give me your word. Keep me in your love. Bring me. Put me on your shoulders and guide my steps, now that I send to love and serve, guide and guard the Church of Caltagirone.
To you Lord, the Good Shepherd and strong, my and our praise. To you Lord, Bishop of the Church as your wife, all glory, praise, honor and blessing, in time and eternity.
Amen.

30-GEN-2010 23:01 From: Curia OFM Capp. PA between Calogero Peri

0 comments:

Post a Comment